“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual, including:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Internal account ID, username, and password;
- Email address; and
- Credit and debit card numbers.
We may need to collect and process these types of Personal Information in order to provide the requested Services to you, or because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested Services.
Collection of Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services. For example, we may collect Personal Information when you request information or sign up for a newsletter through our Websites, when you use our Social Media Pages, or when you register or create an account in connection with our App or Connected Products, or when you contact us for customer or technical support.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you visit us at trade shows or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing collaborators, social media platforms (including from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected) and from other third parties.
Use of Personal Information
We and our service providers may use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, complete your transactions and provide you with related customer service.
- To provide to you technical support and training information relating to our Services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies, as well as marketing communications that we believe may be of interest.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and to facilitate social sharing functionality.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules containing information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, user research, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, validating and managing the warranty process, and operating and expanding our business activities.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other services.
- To third parties, to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to other users and the general public.
Other Uses and Disclosures
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence, to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence, to cooperate with law enforcement, or for other legal reasons; (b) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (c) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
In addition, we may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and device information;
- App usage data;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
Collection of Other Information
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use the App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also go to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to as “information”, how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- IP Address: Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Through Connected Products: We may collect information pertaining to the configuration and use of a Connected Product, such as how a Connected Product is configured for a particular location and or use (e.g., pump schedules and temperature set-points), as well as operational data such as information describing the operational state and performance of a Connected Product at a particular moment in time, such as pump speed or power consumption of a Connected Product.
Uses and Disclosures of Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the App or our Social Media Pages.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out by clicking the opt-out mechanism provided in each of these emails.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Services);
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
USE OF SERVICES BY MINORS
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13.
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here)
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
REGION SPECIFIC PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Beginning January 1, 2020, for individuals who are California residents, we included certain disclosures in connection with the California Consumer Privacy Act (see here).
18100 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, CA 92612
Because email communications are not always secure, please do not include credit card or other sensitive information in your emails to us.