Spotify for iPad and iPhone gets updated
This entry was posted on Saturday, March 2, 2013.
Spotify is synonymous with music streaming on to go, and their app for mobile devices such as the iPod, iPhone and iPad has always been quite impressive in terms of getting the job done. Now, however, the popular app has had its user interface revamped, along with a few other changes, as it has just been updated to version 0.6.0.
The new interface brings in new tweaks and shiny little tricks such as swiping to switch tracks on a new Now Playing bar; Track Menu; a convenient way to stream songs over Airplay, and a lot more. Read the full change log below:
“What's New in Version 0.6.0
Hello Release Notes readers. Here’s what’s new in 0.6.0:
• New: Shiny new interface. You can navigate around the app with a new sidebar. Check it out by swiping left-to-right, or by pressing the ≣ button in the top left of the app.
• New: Now Playing bar. You’ll always see what you’re listening to along the bottom of Spotify. To switch tracks, just swipe along it. Tap or drag to see more information about the current track. Tap the cover art in the extended view to use AirPlay, and disable/enable shuffle and repeat.
• New: Track menu. Tap the … button on any track to see a redesigned context menu.
• Fixed: "Track only available online" issues. This would sometimes appear after start-up, or when you’d been offline for a little while. Not any more.
• Fixed: Lock screen will now always display the correct track.
• Fixed: Shuffle now switches off after you’ve used "Shuffle Play" on an album or playlist.”
You can get the latest version of Spotify from the App Store in the link here.