IMDb Movies & TV iOS app updated once again ahead of the Oscars
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
The Academy Awards are the synonymous with Hollywood and the world of movies, and so is the increasingly popular IMDb. With the big Oscars night less than a week away, IMDb has updated its Movies & TV app for the iPad and iPhone, and there a few interesting new additions made to the app for both devices.
The 85th edition of the Oscars is scheduled for the 24th of February, and IMDb’s updated app has an updated Oscars section, with some interesting nuggets about all the nominees to be found in it.
Apart from the Oscar oriented changes, IMDb version 3.1 brings in Amazon Instant Video integration. It certainly is a surprise that it took Amazon so long to bring this in to the IMDb app, but better late than ever.
The official change log for the new IMDb Movies & TV app is as follows:
“What's New in Version 3.1
- Titles available on Amazon Prime feature a link to watch if the Amazon Instant Video app is also installed (iPhone/iPad)
- Special Oscars® section: list of nominees and photos from the red carpet and ceremony and live winners on iPhone and iPad during the ceremony
- Recommendations: tap on the “i” in the corner of the poster to see why it’s recommended for you, rate the title if you’ve seen it, or indicate “not interested” (iPad)
- Improved accessibility for TV episode navigation (iPad)
- Updates to side navigation (iPad)
- Bug fixes include episode picker in VoiceOver (iPad)”
Get it from the App Store here.