Football Manager Handheld 2013 gets released for iOS
This entry was posted on Sunday, December 16, 2012.
Sports Interactive and SEGA have released the iOS version of the latest Football Manager game for both iPhones and iPads. Priced at $9.99, it isn’t the cheapest game in the App Store, but for its intensely passionate fan base, it is a small price to pay for a rewarding and lasting payoff.
Soccer may still be a niche sport in the United States, but it is comfortably the most popular sport in almost every other country in the world. As a fluid sport where tactics are extremely crucial in practically every aspect of a play, soccer has always had a lot of scope for tactical management simulators, and the Football Manager franchise from Sports Interactive has become almost synonymous to management sims due to its continuing excellence and in depth nature.
The new features in the 2013 version of Football Manager Handheld are as follows:
- An all-new player comparison module (allowing managers to compare potential recruits against existing squad members or existing squad members against one another).
- Player photos (in licensed leagues)
- An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)
- A player form ‘hot list’
- The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad
- Club captain selection
- Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine
- Twitter support for all devices – allowing managers to share their exploits with friends
- A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards
The challenges and in-app purchases in this latest iteration of the FM franchise are certainly intriguing, but it will hardly matter to the legions of fans under the soccer sim’s spell.