5 Simple Tips to Make the iPhone 4s's Battery Last Longer
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2011.
The iPhone 4s surely is a great, if not the greatest electronic app ever made. But it is currently plagued by a problem that was not present in the phone's earlier incarnations; the iPhone 4s has a very short battery life. Though Apple says they are working on a way to improve the newest model iPhone's battery performance; they are hinting that they might be on the verge of a breakthrough in the next iOS update. But until that crucial update comes you need to have your own way of making the iPhone 4s's battery last for as long as possible.
Here are some simple tips to extend the battery charge of your iPhone 4s:
- Lower your screen's brightness. The backlight of the iPhone 4s is a lot brighter than the other iPhones because of the retina display so it eats up a lot of the battery's juice. So dim down the lights a bit.
- Only use the connections you need. If you do not need to use the Wi-Fi or the cellular networks then just turn them off.
- Kill all the unnecessary running applications. If you have applications running in the background then it will consume battery power.
- Turn off the location services. This feature uses both GPS functions along with Wi-Fi so you can just imagine just how much energy it consumes, just turn it off, you won't need it too much anyway.
- Turn auto-lock on. Locking the screen conserves a lot of battery power; ideally you should set the auto-lock to 1 or 2 minutes. Or better yet, just turn the phone off if you are not planning on using it for a while.
Until the new iOS updates that will hopefully fix the battery problems in the iPhone 4s is released, you will have to make do by following these simple battery saving tips.